13 Nov 2010

Being designated as God’s steward of….

In one scenario recorded in the Bible, a King had appointed stewards as listed below:

  • officers of the tribes
  • overseers for:
    • royal storehouses, and those in the towns and villages / watchtowers
    • field workers of the farm lands
    • vineyards / wine vats
    • olive / sycamore-fig trees / supplies of olive oil
    • camels
    • donkeys
    • flocks
    • scribes
    • king’s sons
    • king’s counselor
    • king

Then there were the King’s friends…

Upon reflecting, I am reminded that I am placed / appointed to be God’s steward, store manager over His property. Whatever I do, the land [or apt] that i hold a title deed for, I am executing on behalf of the real owner.

Similarly, I am handling the monies given to me, on behalf of the real owner. So also for the talents endowed to me; the time allotted to me during the length of my lifespan; the health which has been consigned to me; the people who are related to me by the Heavenly King.

This also includes those whom God has brought under umbrella at the workplace…..

Stewardship is not an option…… it is a privilege.

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.