23 Dec 2011

It is ok to hole-ly…

I struggle much with how my character flaws keep getting in the way of progress of what i want to accomplish…

I get upset and become impatient. My mood affects everyone around me. The situation spirals and I am just completely spent….and nothing is changed…

This week has been just one of those weeks that got me discouraged and depressed. I am better than before in that I can recognise the thoughts and associated behaviours and therefore can decide to arrest them after a couple of hours….instead of days in yesteryears…
However, this time, i got a big ‘aha’ – a breakthrough. I have been reading and listening to teachings that got me released….by accepting my humanity. I should take my eyes off my problems, off myself, off others and put them completely on Jesus. It is the cracks in me, the clay that is full of holes that Jesus can radiate his holiness. I am challenged to accept and believe that Jesus is equally as present when i am doing fine as when i made lots of boo-boo. It is only when i am weak, and am humbly dependent on Him, and out of Jesus’ way, that He does the most marvellous thing in my life.
Simply I believe Jesus loves me all the time, unconditionally, regardless of my error of ways….His love will lead me home to Him.

When i forget Jesus’ love for me, i fall apart. When i am filled with Jesus’ love, the cracks are fine. I accept the ‘holes’ that make me more holy.

http://www.completelydevoted.org/2011/12/cracked-pots/

http://www.evokeministries.org/365/cracked-pots/

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.