23 Dec 2011

Being passionate gets one in trouble…

Those of us who are passionate about what we do tend also to be vocal and opinionated – it comes with the territory. All known historical leaders who had left an impact in humanity were not likely to be afraid of speaking up passionately, though their opinion might be proved wrong later.

Those of us who speak up passionately often step on someone’s tail inadvertently. All too often, that gets blown out of proportion and motives are attributed and matters get blown out of proportion. It is so easy to back off and be quiet, and find a corner and hide. Or try to use a pseudo-name or be anonymous, almost apologetic for having an opinion.

I choose to speak up, express my view even though it might offend someone. At least, I am true to myself. I do not believe in saying one thing with my mouth, but thinking another in my heart. I do not expect everyone to agree with me as I do not agree with everyone. I might speak passionately but that does not mean I do not have room to hear another’s opinion.

Neither is it an excuse to intentional offend people. Just live life passionately.

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.