30 Aug 2011

Are you duped?

I  passed by an apparent sales area and a couple of ladies caught my eyes. They are not the young and savvy but probably their mothers. These ladies were very ‘kiasu’ [scared to loose] and I looked at the merchandise. Interestingly, it was some branded outfits typically with appeal to young adults.

The ladies recognised the label and saw the supposed sales [50%] discount, presumably thought of their children, got all excited to snag a few very good buys.

Is brand name such a big thing? The power of the brand [all the works of a bunch of marketing whiz kids] is scary in the way they create a ‘cult following’. Is it that big a deal to have recognisable brands [though quality may not be excellent]?

I saw a young boy – about 10 years old – in a shirt with all the logos of branded goods. What were the parents thinking or the boy thinking? Brands and Logos are but dispensable items in life. Life got to be more than brands….

Think about it. It really is a group of rich people manipulating a group of blind fishes to bite the bait. The rich does not care but the one who paid a lot to get the supposed branded good had been taken for a ride, or should i say ‘the blind fish is on the dinning table.’

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.