5 Jun 2011

People gravitate towards community….

Shopping malls, gyms, tea ceremonies, festivities, beach activities, etc. People gather around these…

And people want to share their joy with someone or their pain with someone…. People invite friends to events / shows / teachings that they enjoy.

So it is not natural that people become loners. Loners do not choose to be one…… they are actually escaping the fears, the pains, the anxiety, the perception of whatever…that cause them to withdraw either physically, emotionally or psychologically. Eventually, life itself becomes a lived as a reaction to perceptions rather than as a owner / victor.

I was watching a 10 year old girl today at an IT Mall [in Singapore], playing football by herself…: ) …yup by herself. Watching her, she was cool and full of confidence, and almost too cool! She was playing wii football. I turned my attention to the screen instead. There is a build-in coach…which showed her when and where to kick. She scored 4 goals in less than 2mins. I loved that too!

I wonder how the ease of scoring the goals might affect her actual love for the game [or not] on a real field. Will she learn, through the computer game, actual skills that will give her better advantage than those who have not played the game, while on the field? She was looking like she was reading poetry…very cool and confident. Amazing!

Or will she become a single player football team in her bedroom……a loner? I hope for her sake, her parents [nowhere to be seen in that shop] would give her reasons to have a full life.

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.