10 Aug 2010

2+2 does not always add up to 4 in God’s math….

After church service, some of us headed to a mall [one of the largest one in Sp] for lunch. I was travelling with my home group leader. As we entered the car park, the right fork heads to the basement [with digital count displaying 'zero' for number of lots] and the left fork heads to the floors above [with digital count displaying '236' lots available]. Typically, as pragmatic Singaporeans, we would have headed up the left fork. However, somehow Andrew, the leader, was not paying attention and went to the basement.

At first his wife was reacting to the 'mistake', then as the Lord God would teach us - to not to trust the 'digital display' and in Him instead. A car cleared out of its lot almost as soon as we entered. I was immediately reminded that in God's Kingdom, 2+2 does not always necessary add up to 4. I was smiling as I thought of Primer [my new venture in India]. The cash flow or P/L may indicate a certain pragmatic decision but I choose not to look at the indicator. I choose to look at God instead.

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.