26 Nov 2009

Only one channel works perfect…

Think of AM / FM radio, especially the AM, we used to turn the dial ever so slowly to find the ‘noise’ to search the airwave that transmits the channel we were looking for.

I suppose with the advent of digital age, many of the young will not have experienced turning of the dial, tuning etc. Nonetheless, it is the same with trying to get the biggest number of bars on our mobile / wireless connectivity for our notebooks.

So it is with trying to search for the perfect channel with God. I am convicted that LOVE is the call letters of the channel to God.

So often, I find my attempt to communicate with God gets no ‘line’ or no ‘receptivity’. Somehow, no signals. Then I remembered that I harboured anger, unforgiveness, agitation, pride, selfish motive, and the list goes on….

Anyone of those will block the signals. Unless I address those blockers and allow God to convict and excise it from my spirit man, there will be no through channel. The only channel that connects with God perfectly is LOVE. I know that without a doubt.

It has to be Godly love, the source being from God and the battery needs recharging all the time.

To tune to the LOVE channel, i must be prepared to ‘cut out my eyes’, ‘cut out my tongue’ or whichever member of my body that is sinning. Ah, therein lies the problem. I know what I should do and I want to do the right thing, but I do the things that I do not want to do and do not do the things I want to do. [Sound familiar? Paul, that is Apostle Paul said the same thing].

That is my Everest at the moment. Ironically, it is not an ever-rest.

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.