25 Jan 2010

Faith is ….

When I booked my ticket to Bangalore about a month before my Dec trip, I had no specific dates to tie the travel to. I knew I wanted to travel in Dec but I could fly any day in Dec. At first, I just wanted to check how much it would cost on Tiger Airways, having checked several other airlines. When I got to the part where pressing ‘Next’ meant payment, where I would typically hesitate, I said a prayer and decided to proceed.
Since I had not fixed any agenda and for that matter, had not discussed with anyone about my journey, selecting the specific dates was purely on faith. Dec 18 was the selection. No specific reason except before Dec 17 I could not.


Faith meets with destiny! Lo and behold, I had no idea, having not been pre-informed, that the Protect and Care children whom I am involved with, had their annual special programme on the 19th. It is so amazing – a joy for them and for me to be part of the beautiful performance by the children.

I would have been busy fumbling with camera to record their performance but because I had forgotten to bring my memory stick / SD card, my camera had no more room for recording. As a result I got to focus on their performance.

These are kids whose Daddy died due to addiction to alcohol [or is suffering from poor health as a consequence of the addiction or had disappeared] and are raised by their working Moms or Grandmas. They put up a wonderful mime, well rehearsed and powerful in imagery.

So, once again I am reminded of the verse “A man plans in his heart but God directs his steps”.

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.