26 Nov 2009

An all too familiar lesson…

I am back at the same spot. Like navigating a maze and I come back to the same spot over and over again.

So often I would sweat and stress over some project deliverables and become a knot – and an irritable old lady…

Only to realise that the exact moment which I delivered the product or document was of no consequence. I have a personal dictum and I make it my responsibility to honour it, that is once I have promised to deliver, I would do my very best to deliver. If need be, I would wage against the tide, bend over backwards, jump the hoops ie whatever it takes to honour my promise. It is good but it can be bad.

I should just learn to hear God to know what to work on and by when. He is after all my Master and buddy.

If I do, I would know what it is to be stress free, efficient, and joyful. Recalcitrant moi, would not have it – and end up losing sleep, and sacrifice meals and weekends etc, only to find out that all that effort was not needed in the first place. The irritable old lady would have hurt or offended someone along the way because she refuse to let God be God.

About time, I move beyond the same spot.

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.