10 Mar 2009

The 'here and now’......

You have heard it said that many people live in the past – in regret, unforgiveness, unable to let go of issues or they live in the future – chasing after the next thousands, next career, next big break, etc.

I was just pondering how much of the ‘here and now’ [ie present] I sacrifice when I live in the past / future. To the degree I am absent from the ‘here and now’, that is the price I am paying. Foolishly, I might add.

Only the ‘here and now’ is guaranteed and can be shaped by my choices. Tomorrow is not guaranteed and yesterday can no longer be shaped by my choices. So I should give my attention to the ‘here and now’ wholeheartedly because it is the beginning of tomorrow.

I will not try to make my tomorrow richer, more comfortable, more successful, more colourful, more this or more that. I will live today with my all, enjoying everything in today’s path, accepting today’s obstacles as opportunities to learn, facing today’s issues transparently and building memories for myself and those around me.

Memories can be left to chance to build or I can choose to shape my memories.

Indeed, I have wonderful memories of the sky diving experience in New Zealand, the 8-day trek in Nepal, the apple picking trip in upstate New York, the ‘tubing’ in the snow during a women’s retreat, the para-sailing experience in Phuket, the smiles I gave others and those smiles I had because of others….

I am still building the album in my mind….

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.