16 Jan 2008

God Has a Good Sense of Humour

God answers prayers – it is not an exaggeration!

He has a good sense of humour too!! Many has missed out this dimension of life and it is such a big part of this life and the eternal life.

It was midnight – a day after my return to Singapore. I had gone to bed before 9 pm, knowing well the consequences. I had a ‘do-little’ day - some financial updating, banking, photo development errands, etc. But I had so much to clear – laundry, clean house, unpack, tidy up my paper work, filing etc – enough to do keep me occupied for 2 days without customers’ deadlines. What did I do? I fell asleep in front of the TV!

When I got off the ‘couch’ it was around 11pm. I was considering my options. I was still sleepy. I prayed because I had too many options and needed God’s wisdom:

  • sleep till morning and deal with house-cleaning etc then [roof repair person may come by around 9 am, hmmmm]
  • do the house-cleaning and sleep later
  • sleep for a short period and wake up to do the house-cleaning

I asked God to help me to decide and I remember praying ‘Lord, help me to decide based on Your wisdom, not my will….. help me to know that it is not as difficult a decision to make as I think; not as impossible as the devil wants me to think.’

 

God can set the circumstances. I have to take the first step – step of faith that is. God will illuminate the path! God will illuminate the path!

 

I was feeling hot and bothered and as I was praying, I was hoping to catch another couple hours of sleep….I drifted off.

 

At midnight, i was awoken by the most horrifying sound I could ask for – I know you will laugh – the sound of flying cockroach – a big active one!!!!!  I could see the ugly creature on my wall in the bedroom, and the shadow of its flight in the dim light and oh! that sound of flapping wings!!

 

Disgusting but certainly an effective way to wake me up!!!  Guess what, the Lord heard my prayers.

 

I got up and hid myself behind the bed sheet, and went in search of my inspect spray. This freedom-happy roach must be eliminated!! I am thankful, I only had about 5 to 6 of them appeared since I moved in to this apt [8 years].

 

The roach flew into the shower stall [this one is a capsule like type ie no escape hahaha], I aimed the spray, pressed and shut the door!!!  Enemy down!

 

When i had time to reflect, I laughed at God’s sense of humour and how He is faithful in answering prayers. He provided the strategy and wisdom indeed…..effective!!!

 

I was feeling sleepy again…. hahaha, I slept and did the housework after.

No comments:

Quotations:

God starts us out on a life course to fulfill a certain purpose and then, only when we are ready, He gives us course corrections. Like a good river pilot, He steers us away from troubled waters, and like a good coach, He never puts us in the game until we are ready. The journey is never boring.

REMEMBER THIS ABOUT YOU...

  Read this out loud to yourself, and mean it!!

  I am precious, valuable, lovable and capable.
  The world will not be the same without me.
  I make a difference in this world, in the community I live in.
  I can make another person smile.
  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  I sing for I am loved by a great God whose nature is to give  love, mercy and grace.

  [In Hindi]
  Mai amulya hoon.
  Yeh duniya mayray bina wahi nahin rahegi.
  Mayray hone say is duniya mein kuch badlav hai.
  Mujh se doosre ke chahre pay muskuraahat aati hai.
  Mujhe bhayankar se banaya gaya hai.
  Mujhe gaana hai ki ek mahaan; ishwhar mujhe pyaar karte.
  Hain aur mayray prati daya dikhaate hain.